Canada Performing Arts Workers Resilience Fund
Get support with this temporary fund program for artists and cultural workers in the performing arts.
Apply for financial support to the Canada Performing Arts Workers Resilience Fund made possible by the Government of Canada.
The purpose of the Canada Performing Arts Workers Resilience Fund (CPAWRF) is to retain Canadian skilled workers through a temporary program that invests in sector-led and delivered initiatives, which improve the economic, career, and personal circumstances of independent and self-employed workers in the live performance sector.
Main eligibility criterias :
- The applicant's fiscal residence must be in Quebec;
- Be a professional¹ artist or cultural worker in the performing arts with self-employed status;
- Be directly involved in the production, creation, training, conservation, distribution, diffusion, support, education and promotion of an artistic work in the performing arts sector;
- Experiencing financial difficulties due to lack of or loss of work as a professional* artist or cultural worker as a result of the pandemic;
- Earn a majority of business income/self-employed income.
1: Demonstrate recent activities (three years) of professional work in the performing arts sector and earn a majority of your income as an artist or cultural worker.
Procedure to apply for financial support
Before starting your application, gather the following documents and find all the information requested. They are necessary for the analysis of your eligibility to the financial support fund:
- Your updated resume including the years of your contracts;
- Valid proof of residence, such as: your current health insurance card ou driver's license or your 2021 Quebec Notice of Assessment.
You have 30 minutes to complete the application form. If you exceed this time limit, you will be disconnected and have to start again.
Click below to access to the online form.
You are an artist or a worker in the live performance sector without a fiscal residence in Quebec and wish to apply for financial assistance?
We invite you to visit the following pages of canadian organizations in your artistic or cultural sector. The following organizations have been identified to provide direct financial assistance with the Canada Performing Arts Workers Resilience Fund of the Department of Canadian Heritage.
- Music sector : Unison Fund
- Theatre sector and technical disciplines : The AFC
- Dance sector : Canadian Dance Assembly
You are an artist or a worker in the live performance sector in Quebec who does not meet all of the eligibility criterias for the CPAWRF?
Note that the eligibility criterias are approved by the Government of Canada. However, if you think you are an exception and that you should be considered, please communicate with us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Describe clearly your situation and a member of the CPAWRF team will contact you.
You can't use the online application portal of the CPAWRF, what should you do?
The portal is the most effective way to identify if you are eligible and to submit your application for the Canada Performing Arts Workers Resilience Fund.
However, if you are unable to access a computer, please contact our team at 1-888-701-5155 or by email at email@example.com to discuss alternatives.
Is help available if i am an individual who experiences disability-related barriers?
If you experience disability-related barriers that prevent you from using the application portal of the CPAWRF and do not have someone to assist you with your application, you can contact us at 1-888-701-5155 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
What if I need help applying?
Please contact us at 1-888-701-5155, or send us an email to email@example.com. We have members of the CPAWRF team ready to help you with the application process.