** The Legal Counselling Fund of the Reinforcement Program is now closed to new applications. **
Legal Counselling Fund
The REINFORCEMENT Legal Assistance Fund offer you legal consultations with a lawyer member of the bar of quebec.
In complete confidentiality, ask your questions and get answers from a professional.
- Marital or parental conflict;
- Disagreement with a retailer, landlord or neighbor;
- Hidden defect in your home;
- Unjustified rent increase;
- Injustice at work;
- Medical error;
- Contractual questioning;
- Verification of wills, etc.
These events and incidents beyond your control may cause you to want to seek legal counsel.
With this program distributed by the Artists’ Foundation, you’ll have access to a four-hour block of counselling per case, including research, document analysis, and support with legal forms and advice. Court representation is not included with the REINFORCEMENT Program
The REINFORCEMENT Legal Assistance Fund distributed the Artists’ Foundation is made possible by the Government of Canada.
Here are the main eligibility criteria:
- Have your fiscal residence in Quebec;
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Be a professional artist or cultural worker (demonstrate at least 4 years of professional work) mainly in the live performance sector and have self-employed status;
- Be directly involved in the creation, preparation, production, distribution, presentation, curation, support, or educational and promotional activities of an artistic work in the live performance sector;