** The Psychological Support Fund of the REINFORCEMENT Program is now closed to new applications. **
Psychological Support Fund
The REINFORCEMENT Psychological Support Fund is distributed by the Artists’ Foundation and is made possible by the Government of Canada. The Artists’ Foundation is pleased to offer you two options for assistance.
Benefit from free consultations through an Artists’ Foundation service partner. Via an application that you will soon have access to, mental health specialists will be able to offer you the support you need. You will be able to book consultations with specialists such as psychologists, social workers, and psychotherapists. These consultations will take place virtually using a computer or mobile device and in complete confidentiality, all at no cost to you. The number of sessions is determined by a therapist-clinician based on the needs of the applicant.
Receive $1,000 to cover your therapist’s fees when you provide official receipts as supporting documentation. For this option, the Artists’ Foundation will only reimburse your consultations that took place after your acceptance to the Psychological Support Fund.
Your therapist must also be licenced by one of the following: Ordre des psychologues du Québec (OPQ), Association des psychothérapeutes du Québec (APQ), or Ordre des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (OTSTCFQ).
Here are the main eligibility criteria:
- Have your fiscal residence in Quebec;
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Be a professional artist or cultural worker (demonstrate at least 4 years of professional work) maily in the live performance sector and have self-employed status;
- Be directly involved in the creation, preparation, production, distribution, presentation, curation, support, or educational and promotional activities of an artistic work in the live performance sector;
- Experience signs of psychological distress, such as:
- Significant changes in your behaviours and habits;
- Difficulty assuming responsibilities, or in caring for yourself and your family;
- Anxiety and overwhelming fears;
- Significant fatigue, exhaustion, loss of pleasure, and disinterest;
- Irritability and aggressiveness.